To help build a society where every rural child has access to quality school education and employment oriented Vocational Training, every Rural Micro-enterprise gets the needed finance and every family has access to clean drinking water and an improved shelter.
To be the pioneer and preferred provider of financial access to Rural parents in the country to access quality Education and Vocational Training for the better future of their children.
To be a leader in providing financial access to credit starved Rural micro-enterprises
To be a pioneer in providing access to clean drinking water in rural and semi-urban areas through financing of suitable water Purifiers and dispensers.
To be a Pioneer in innovating a dedicated Roofing Finance Product for upgradation of Rural homes through appropriate Roofing solutions.
To create value for all stakeholders by building a profitable business while providing financial access for unmet needs in hitherto underserved areas
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Low Income Groups (LIG) in rural and Semi-Urban areas
Earlier Innovations in Housing Microfinance
- Incremental Housing: Rural borrowers are psychologically averse to avail a one-time loan with long tenor due to unpredictability of their income over a longer time horizon. They also prefer house construction in incremental stages due to the financial burden. Hence, an appropriate Short Tenor, low EMI financing product was designed for them.
- Use of Semi-formal Title Documents To create a Para-Legal Mortgage:Using community acceptance of residency rights, creation of Para-legal documents using like the Village Panchayat and using these to create a workable collateral for housing and a recognition of the mortgage of the property to the Company.
- Group Lending:Leveraging time-tested and well established group lending mechanisms of Microfinance into housing finance, which was traditionally considered an individual loan product. These Best Practices of Microfinance have been co-opted into Housing Finance viz.,
- Partnership with Grass roots Institutions:Using Community connect of Grassroots institutions like NGOs and MFIs to source clients and collect repayments creating new Institutional Partnerships
- Productive Housing:In addition to the core housing loan, the loans included, wherever necessary, a component for income generating activities to enable borrowers to generate additional income to service the housing loan.
Current Innovations in Financing Education in Rural Areas
- Pioneering access to Education finance for unserved rural families:Identifying the need and aspirations of rural families for providing quality education to children at private schools and vocational institutes and providing the needed finance
- Institution centric model of finance:Active engagement with private schools and vocational training institutes in rural and semi-urban areas to identify among their students, those needing finance for continuance of education thus preventing drop outs.
- Pioneering Finance to the ‘MISSING MIDDLE’ of Rural Entrepreneurs:Providing access to Finance to Rural Micro-entrepreneurs in the segment of Rs.50, 000 to Rs.500,000 not covered by MFIs or formal Financial Institutions like Banks and NBFCs
- Innovative Financial Solution to provide access to Clean Drinking Water: Bringing Technology and Finance to villages to provide access to clean drinking water by facilitating establishment of Water ATMs by SHGs and Rural Micro-entrepreneurs
- Innovative Roofing Finance Solution to provide opportunity to enhance quality of Shelter in Rural areas:Identifying the need for dedicated Roofing solutions for vulnerable rural families, particularly in coastal areas and high rainfall/wind speed zones and pioneering a specialised Financial Product for them.
- Innovative Partnership Model with Grassroots institution and Micro entrepreneurs for effective Rural Outreach